Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Wonderful World of Wheatgrass!


As I continue (or begin) my journey of holistic health and wellness, I keep making amazing discoveries of the gifts nature has given us. The ultimate favorite on my list is wheatgrass. I discovered wheatgrass about a year ago and since then i have been obsessed with this miracle plant! Wheatgrass is easily accessible, affordable, and I love finding new and delicious ways to get it down. the most common form to find wheatgrass in is liquid, it's usually juiced. Super trendy spots that are health and exercise conscious sometimes have wheatgrass shots for sale,since it is considered a Superfood. However, when I first began my research on wheatgrass I wanted to get my hands on some ASAP! Unfortunately it wasn't that easy. I found a few roadblocks in the Philly area. I couldn't find anywhere that sold wheatgrass plants, or even sold it juiced for that matter. After visiting a local co-op Weaver's Way, http://weaversway.coop/, I finally discovered the powdered version. It is made by a brand called Amazing Grass,the drink powder is USDA organic, gluten free,vegan, and raw.
I don't even know where to begin with the numerous benefits of this green wonder. Injesting helps to detoxify and cleanse your body. It increases and sustains energy naturally. A much better alternative than caffine riddled products. Mix the powder in with a homemade smoothie to give an energetic start to your day. It is also super high in alkalinity and helps to balance your body's Ph level. It stengthens your immune systems and the insoluble fiber cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity. For some a whatgrass shot can bbe difficult to take, I love the grassyness of it but others find it hard to get it dowm. It is simple to find ways to mix it into a great tasting drink!
The antioxidants found in wheatgrass help to repair damaged cells, it is a source of beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C.
Basically, it's amazing and you should go out and find some today!
If you are in the Philadelphia area check out, The Wheatgrass Grower, http://www.wheatgrassgrower.com/aboutus.html. I try to support locally as much as I can and this woman's story and spirit had me sold from the beginning. Her life has been completely changed from this simple plant. If you would like to grow your own wheatgrass or have a sample shipped to you this is the place to go! She serves Eastern PA, NY, CT, NJ, DE, MD, and DC. Perishable items are only shipped on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Be spiritually and physically nourished.
Peace & Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment